Don't worry about tomorrow, let tomorrow worry about itself.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Random Post #4

"It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything."
-Brad Pitt, Fight Club

"No it is not possible" She cried out
"I can't have this disease! I can't even pronounce it!"


Spontaneous Pneumathorax. That's what it was called. A disease related to the lungs. A disease so rare that it only happened to one in a million and she was the one in the the million to have gotten it.


She sat on her hospital bed, in that skimpy hospital gown, she sat dejected. She was just 13 years old, she hadn't lived her life yet and as soon as she got out of the hospital, she couldn't live it either. She was too small to travel the world, too small to live her dreams. She was dependent not independent.

*sigh*

She looked around. Her parents beside her, trying to smile so that she would smile. They were trying to give her some hope. But when she looked at herself, she found there was none left. The pipe coming out of the side of her chest was enough to make her gag and remind her of the operation that was carried out on her. The scary look on her parents faces, the screaming doctor, the light bulb she stared at for hours while the procedure was being carried out.


In an effort to forgot that she silently picked up the T.V. remote from her bedside which had one rose and too many books for her entertainment in this quiet ward. the only space taken by the other hospital bed on which lay a cancer patient. Hope was nowhere to be seen.


Silence enveloped her as she switched on the T.V. and hushed all her thoughts to concentrate on the latest episode of survivor. The irony. It felt like even the T.V. was mocking her.

If you are wondering why I am writing such a sad story or a sad post I just want to say that that girl was me a year back. Never in my life did I want to remember that part of the year but as I started to write posts about things that come into my mind, I realised that this moment in my life was by far the most important. It was because of this disease that I actually started living life and no it's not because I'm going to die any time soon. Not at all! Instead I'm going to live my life completely but nonetheless no matter how cliched it may sound those 2 weeks in the hospital did change the way I looked at everyone and everything.

It was because of that moment did I start this blog and start looking for newer opportunities. That the small things in life started mattering to me. It was because of that experience I am sitting infront of you posting a new random post and smiling while doing so! The optimistic girl writing this would not be here if that incident hadn't happened. And so no matter how common, cliched this message sounds I want to try and inspire you all who're sitting with their heads in their hands! Don't worry! Seriously! If I got of the rare disease and I'm living my life I'm pretty damn sure that you will too get out of everything that's going on your life. If I got out of it you can too! 

  If you have something to share. Do comment or shoot me a mail at niyati.anythingandeverything@gmail.com. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment