Don't worry about tomorrow, let tomorrow worry about itself.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Random Post #3

Why are movies important according to me....

I don't know why I am writing a post on this but I guess I had to share this and ask if I'm not the only one who feels really happy and has a 100 watt smile on their face after watching a romantic comedy.

I just finished watching "Something Borrowed" and I have to tell you in the end when Rachael and Dex walk away into the sunset hand in hand, the smile on my face was the widest it has ever been. : D 

I mean when I just watch romantic comedies it just gives me this hope that a happy ending is possible. That yes, I may not get a prince charming who will come riding on his horse and whisk me off my feet and take me away but nonetheless it does give me a hope that a happy ending in my life is possible. :)

That amidst all the difficulties I will face in life, there will be a constant support in my life. I think that's what movies do! For me, when I am not happy with the way things are in life I just sit down and watch a romcom and suddenly everything doesn't seem so bad. It becomes my safe haven amongst my problems. A place where I can just smile and laugh and have no worries.For those 2 or 3 hours I am lost in this world where I am the protagonist and where in the end nothing ever goes wrong. I know it sounds cliched and boring but I guess when you keep on seeing a happy ending you start believing in one too. 

We all need hope in our lives and sometimes movies become that strange ray of hope that you always hold on too. Many times I have heard people say that movies affect the mind. It affects the subconscious and is not good for us. But dear readers tell me this whats the harm of watching a romantic comedy? Whats the harm in having a 100 watt smile on your face? Whats the harm in believing there is a happy ending and then struggling for it? 

For as long as I can remember whenever I was sad or whenever I was in pain,movies had been a distraction for me and that also in a good way. Whenever I wanted to get distracted from the hurt in my leg and the pain it was causing me, Ace Ventura was always there to distract me from it. To make me laugh and make me forget about the pain.
Whenever I was not in a good mood Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston in Just Go With it were there to make me laugh and make me believe that in the end everything turns out just fine. In my lows all thos chick flicks like How to lose a guy in 10 days or breakfast club or Pitch Perfect were there to put a 100 watt smile on my face when no one could. Yes movies are important. They are not only for entertainment for the masses nut are there to give people hope and struggle for happiness. 

I am not here implying that all movies are good and they always have positive effects. Movies do have some negative effects but doesn't it also depend on what movie you're watching. i mean obviously if you make a 4 year ols kid watch an action movie he will start behaving violently but at the same time if you make him watch an animated movie or a tom and jerry movie how can he become violent? So you see movies matter just like any other thing in life. 

They give you hope, happiness and sometimes strength to fight the wrongs in life.Movies are the common bond between different countries.They have different importance in everyone's life but the thing to observe is they are a part of everyone's life. And an important part too. 

If you likes this post and you thought it was worth sharing do share! or leave a comment! Or you can just shoot me a mail anytime at niyati.anythingandeverything@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment