Don't worry about tomorrow, let tomorrow worry about itself.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Random Post #1

The Quiet is all that matters

*sigh* 

Sometimes in life there are moments when I just want the world  to stop. To give me time to think. To wait for me, to catch up with whatever is going on in my life.
But then as I try to kick back and relax and see the world go by, I see that the world is busy moving on without me while I wait. Just wait.

That's what happened yesterday also. Too frustrated and with too many thoughts in  my mind I decided to have some quiet time, some time alone with just myself. So I sat down outside, on the stairs of the balcony just looking up towards the sky. It wasn't night time yet so there were just four or five stars on the dark background of the sky. But they stood out nonetheless. And just looking at them shining brightly instilled this kind of peace and calm in me like never before.And then the cat came.

The cat that changed it all 

 While I was sitting just thinking, star gazing, a cat came along and gently placed herself beside me. She was also I noticed with awe, looking up at the sky just thinking.She looked as if she was looking at the stars and just remembering someone like the lines of the song "Stars" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals tried to portray.

"Stars, they make me wonder where you are,
Stars, upon heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all, I know you've gone too far
So I can't look at the stars"

Even though I couldn't take a picture of that moment it has been burned to my memory. That moment is something I guess I will never forget. 


Why does the quiet matter?

I don't know. I seriously don't. I can't give you a theoretical explanation something like that your brain loves relaxing and when there is peace and quite you feel comfortable or something about your brain cells. I can't do that, but the one thing I can do is tell you that it matters. No matter who sits down outside it will always matter to him/her.

And quiet time doesn't always mean sitting outside on the porch thinking it can be other things also like:

  • Sitting out in the porch and reading with a cup of coffee in hand.
  • Watching a movie. yes watching a movie can constitute alone or quiet time. Because for some people even me it helps me think and refresh my mind and watching a movie like sitting outside and star gazing instills a peace in me like never before. After watching a rom-com I am the happiest I've ever been.And I have a beatific smile on my face that no one can remove. Does this happen with you also?
  • Playing an instrument that you like. For me it's always been the piano. Sitting and playing the piano fpr just 30 minutes is another definition of my quiet time alone.
  • Painting something. Just sit outside with your drawing pad all inspired ready for your quiet time and see how amazing your artwork turns out.

So today there is one thing that me and that cat can urge you to do and that is take some time off from your busy life.I promise you won't regret it, because in the end as I realized you will also realize that it's the quiet that matters.

Source : Life

Song reference: Stars by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.Go check if you've not heard it. It's an amazing song.

 If you've had a similar experience or you want to share something please Comment below.And if you liked this post and you found it worth sharing please share. Your comments or likes or shares are very very very important to me. And I would love to know similar experiences of people. It will be an encouragement to me. Or if you have any questions about anything or you have an article or a poem you would like to share with me or would like for me to post here please feel free to shoot me a mail on niyati.anythingandeverything@gmail.com 

1 comment:

  1. And also if you could suggest me on what to write next or tell me The topic for my next post or what you would want me to write about next. Thank you so much for everything.

    ReplyDelete